Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fall is Over




It is November in Minnesota. 
With the loss of fall color, I have become a pattern seeker. These are challenging months for my type of photography. Spring and early fall are a cornucopia of color and life; the period between often seems stark and dead.

While I love the rich colors of spring and early fall, November forces me to be a better photographer. I now must focus on the little details, contrasting themes, and directional light.

Whenever possible I search for color in the ambient light with the hope that I can soften the stark pre-wintery landscape. Barren trees are a favorite winter theme especially when I can place them against a pastel sky.  November challenges me, but it also offers me the opportunity to see familiar things in novel ways.

©2000-2010 BTLeventhal.com / Bruce & Tamy Leventhal. All rights reserved. No image on this site may be used without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment