Thursday, June 10, 2010

Twenty-Five Tips for Taking Great Photographs




My sister,  Jaime Curtis blogs at Prudent Baby.Com (http://www.prudentbaby.com) and has quite a following on her site. Prudent baby is all about engaging families in art, craft, and fun. What’s more, Prudent Baby makes for cool kids with cool parents and encourages its readers to embrace their inner artist.

About two weeks ago, Jaime asked if I’d author a column about making photographs. We decided that I would write ten tips supported by ten images. As I got rolling on this reflective process, I realized that I could not summarize my photographic intentions with ten simple platitudes. I wanted to make these tips relevant to Jaime’s readers and inspire her community to see differently with their cameras.

Tip #1 “It’s about the photographer, not the camera”
This is the tip I offer to every aspiring nature photographer that I meet. While I often fall into the “must have new...” paradigm, I know in my heart that my vision can be expressed on film, with a point and shoot, or with an enthusiasts/consumer digital SLR. Sure new technology is fun and often “better,” however it will not transform poor technique and bad compositions into enjoyable images.

To see the rest of my thoughts about photography and the photographic process follow the link to “25 Tips for Taking Great Photographs” at Prudent Baby.Com.

©2000-2010 BTLeventhal.com / Bruce & Tamy Leventhal. All rights reserved. No image on this site may be used without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment