Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Road Tripping Through Ecosystems #6

Bull Moose - Grand Teton National Park, WY
Canon 7D + Canon 300 f2.8ISL w/ 1.4x converte

Why don't they call two Meece?
Five days following our travels through Teddy Roosevelt, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks time has made me reflective. Our journey traversed 2500 miles and 54 hours of Jeep time. We inaugurated a pop-up RV, survived severe straight-line winds and endured searing afternoon temperatures. While I'm sure that time will temper my thoughts, I can comfortably claim that I've never worked so hard to see so little. The landscapes are spectacular, my country has stunning beauty, but the distances between here and there are immense. I won't call it a disappointment, but Yellowstone was not the safari I expected... 

Bull Moose - Grand Teton National Park, WY
Canon 7D + Canon 300 f2.8ISL w/ 1.4x converte





You'll have to make a return visit to my blog next Monday for an elaboration. Until then, I couldn't choose which moose to post, so I'll offer you three. These males were feeding at opposite ends of a wetland in Grand Teton National Park. I waited out the swimmer, as he was browsing some leaves at one end of the pond for over an hour. As sweat poured down my face, I began to pack up and move on. As Murphy might predict, that's when the action began. The bull bounded into the water and swam towards its adversary. While the two males never met, the tension of a potential clash made for an exciting photographic moment. 
Moosey Paddle - Grand Teton National Park, WY
Canon 7D + Canon 300 f2.8ISL w/ 1.4x converter


©2000-2011 BTLeventhal.com / Bruce & Tamy Leventhal. All rights reserved. No image on this site may be used without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment