Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tip #50: The Opportunist

Flyby - St. Croix River, MN
Canon 7D + Canon 300mm f2.8IS L



This is my 50th post in a blog series that has been more like a brain worm or root canal than a picnic. It is not the sharing nor the creation of tips that distress me, it's the writing. I am no author, but I take great pride in how I translate my thoughts into words. As such, the process is a tad painful. So, as I tackle the next 51 tips, I must confess that I will not make my 101-day "deadline." While I will continue to call this opus of mine "project 101," sanity requires a slower pace of delivery. For those who have become regular visitors to the blog, I will now seek some greater consistency and post a new tip, thought, or idea on Sundays and Wednesdays.
One Stick at a Time - St. Croix River, MN
Canon 7D + Canon 300mm f2.8IS L @ f3.2


The opportunist creates opportunities. We, opportunistic photographers, love the "happy accident," but prefer to increase the probability of success by making these "accidents" possible. Success in nature, landscape and macro photography requires that you put yourself in the right spot at the right time. This is what makes the opportunist a success; be the creator of serendipity and make probability a reality.
Fish Run - St. Croix River, MN
Canon 7D + Canon 300mm f2.8L IS @ f3.2


©2000-2012 BTLeventhal.com / Bruce & Tamy Leventhal. All rights reserved. No image on this site may be used without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment