Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tip #89: Look Harder

Sleeping House Boats - St. Croix River, MN
Canon 5D markII + 24mm f3.5 TSE
Building on my suggestions in tip #69... mine your home town. 
Patience and creativity can transform your boring home into a photographic treasure. Every time I leave the house, I stare at the light and study the way it scatters about and reflects the sky. I’m open to discovery and will readily shed the car’s armor to explore with my feet. It happened just yesterday while on a familiar road that I frequent regularly. I was driving, I stopped to photograph a tree and instead saw a staircase to the water. It was a new perspective of my river; it was a place I had visited but had never seen. 
In the Shadow of the Sun - St. Croix River, MN
Canon 5D markII + 24mm f3.5 TSE
It’s easy to become bored after traveling abroad or experiencing life on the road. Yet, there is so much to see at home if you’re open to creative thoughts and willing to look a little harder. 
Motored Waves - St. Croix River, MN
Canon 5D markII + 24mm f3.5 TSE

©2000-2012 BTLeventhal.com / Bruce & Tamy Leventhal. All rights reserved. No image on this site may be used without permission.

1 comment: