Thursday, September 1, 2011

Juxtaposition (III)

Before the Rush - Piazza San Marco, VeniceCanon 5D + 24-105L IS @ 24mm

Venice is a Mecca for the street photographer. Being a guy who's a bit more comfortable among a swarm of mosquitos than a day at the State Fair, I was a bit out of my element. As a way to stay within the comfort zone, I woke up early and pursued the quieter moments. While I tried to remain unobtrusive, I am not a voyeur of human behavior. Rather, I played my familiar role of an ecologist. I studied the changing light reflected against ancient facades and the way it scattered to warm the buildings that surround dingy canals. I warily watched for people and tried to understand their patterns as they lived their lives among the throngs of tourists that visit the fabled city each day. The triplet of images is my juxtaposition of time, angles and lines; it is the way I like to remember Venice.
Canal Express - Venice, Italy
Canon 5D + 24-105L IS @ 45mm
On the Mobile - Venice, Italy
Canon 5D + 24-105L IS @ 105mm
©2000-2011 BTLeventhal.com / Bruce & Tamy Leventhal. All rights reserved. No image on this site may be used without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment